Department of Education
- Learning Potential (website). Many articles for helping parents help their child’s learning and development, from the early years through upper secondary school.
- Resources page (website). Provides everyday ideas about how to build learning into time spent with children of all ages.
Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA)
- Parent Information (website). Lists handy links and FAQs for parents with children of all ages.
- General capabilities Information for parents and carers (PDF). An overview for parents on the curriculum your child is learning in school and ways to support their learning.
Raising children - the Australian parenting website
- School-age learning ideas (website). Learning ideas articles.
- School-age play & learning: literacy & reading (website). Articles specific to literacy and reading.
- National Literacy and Numeracy Week (website). Includes a section for parents and carers with activities and tip sheets you can do with your child.
Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY)
- Parent engagement (website). Includes useful information about how parents can get involved in your child's learning and links to other useful resources.
- Parental engagement in learning and schooling: Lessons from research (PDF). A report helping parents understand the benefits of engaging in their child’s education, providing behaviours and beliefs core to parental engagement.
FIVE from FIVE project
- Parent resources (website). Provides information on five ways on how to teach reading and activities for parents to get started.
Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Teaching kids about money (website). Gives tips on talking to your child about money, online activities to build financial literacy skills as well as practical everyday tips.
- Child mental health checklist (website). A checklist you can do with your child to help measure a broad range of social, emotional or behavioural difficulties they may be experiencing.
- SenseAbility (website). A resilience program with modules developed to enhance and maintain emotional and psychological resilience that parents can use with their adolescent children.
Education Services Australia (ESA)
- Student Wellbeing Hub (website). Information, advice and resources for parents. Includes links to filter by primary and secondary students with links to resources for parents on wellbeing topics such as healthy body and mind and building positive relationships.
- Digital Technologies Hub (website). Provides activities families and parents can do to help children with coding.
Angela Duckworth - psychologist
- 'Grit: The power of passion and perseverance' (video). TED Talk 2013.
Angela Duckworth (website). Includes FAQs explaining what grit is, a ‘Grit Test’ and links to research papers.
Carol Dweck - psychologist
- 'The power of believing you can improve' (video). TED Talk 2015.
- 'The Secret to Raising Smarter Kids' by Carol Dweck, 2015, Scientific American (article). Explains the decades of research on how to unlock the keys to success in school and in life for your child.
Lea Waters - psychologist
- ‘The Strength Switch, How the New Science of Strenghts-based Parenting can help you child and your teen Flourish’ by Lea Waters (book).
- 'Evidence based learning with Matthew Deeble' (podcast). Kinderling Conversation 2018.
Keep checking this page as new resources will be added that are research and evidence-based, and relevant to helping your child learn. Or sign up to receive the E4L e-news below.